Sunday, April 11, 2010

Enjoying my last day!

Like most of you, I spent today wishing I had longer before heading back to school. I started by heading to the market to visit Deb and Toni and bring Toni a coffee. (Did offer a diet coke to Deb, but she already had one). I bought one of Deb's water bottle covers, as my water bottle was wetting my bag and I really loved the owl material she had made it out of.

I then wandered around for about 1 1/2 hours with Cherree. Lovely time together, as I don't spend enough time with her now that I have to share her with Joe.  I picked up a few good buys in my eyes anyway.

My beautiful owl necklace only $8.

I also found these little green plastic gem like things. I thought they would be great for a maths activity or for my numeracy boxes to match concrete, numerals and number words. I got all these for $4.



I also went to the antique shop and bought my husband would you beleive it an old cast iron mincer, complete with extra blade. It has a vice that attaches it to the bench. Needs a good clean, but was only $35. We buy our meat in bulk of course, unsliced to save money. So now Ardal can mince the meat too. I'm looking forward to fresh mince minus most of the fat.
We then went looking for some desperately needed beds for the boys. We found exactly what we wanted at harvey normans.  The bed is on top and under it is a desk, bookshelf, 4 drawers and a cupboard with hanging space. It has steps up to the top and each step is a drawer. I really wanted them but am unable to come up with the $4400 needed. So I'm considering buying one and using it as a template to make the others out of sturdier timber. I'll keep you posted or blogged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin